What is shop and establishment registration?
The Shop and Establishment Act registration regulates hours of work, payment of wages, leave, holidays, terms of service and other conditions of work of persons employed in shops, commercial establishments, establishments for public entertainment or amusement and other establishments and to provide for certain matters connected therewith. This registration is compulsory for every business place of work except those who falls under Factories Act 1948. It is an state regulation and each state has separate shop & establishment regulation.
Applicability of shop and establishment registration?
Premises governed by the Act are shops, commercial establishments, residential hotels, clubs, restaurants, eating houses, the aters and other places of public amusement or entertainment etc. except those who falls under Factories Act 1948.
What are documents required for shop and establishment registration?
- Photograph of the Shop or Establishment at the entrance with Name Board in local language
- Certificate of Incorporation, MOA & AOA of Company / LLP Agreement of the Company or LLP
- Copy of PAN card
- List of Directors or Partners and their ID & Address proof
- Copy of Board Resolution or Partners Consent
- Address proof of Company/LLP/Partnership/Proprietorship
- Details of all the employees if any.