Applicability for Shop and Establishment Registration
Shop & Establishment Registration is mandatory for every person who is starting any business or shop under the respective state act. For any new business or shop, we need to it within 30 days of commencing operations under the respective state act.
Need for Shop and Establishment Registration
The Shop and Establishment Act regulates hours of work, payment of wages, leave, holidays, terms of service and other conditions of work of persons employed in shops, commercial establishments, establishments for public entertainment or amusement and other establishments and to provide for certain matters connected therewith.
This registration is compulsory for every business place of work except those who falls under Factories Act 1948. It is an state regulation and each state has separate shop & establishment regulation.
Premises governed by the Act are shops, commercial establishments, residential hotels, clubs, restaurants, eating houses, the aters and other places of public amusement or entertainment etc. except those who falls under Factories Act 1948.
Documents Required for Registration
- Photograph of the Shop or Establishment at the entrance with Name Board in local language
- Certificate of Incorporation, MOA & AOA of Company / LLP Agreement of the Company or LLP
- Copy of PAN card
- List of Directors or Partners and their ID & Address proof
- Copy of Board Resolution or Partners Consent
- Address proof of Company/LLP/Partnership/Proprietorship
- Details of all the employees if any.
Benefits of Registration
- Address Proof – Each shop or business required a address proof and registration under shop & establishment act provides a legal proof for address of office.
- Bank Account –Every banks required a address proof to open a current bank account. On the basis of the shop certificate, business can open a current account in bank.
Amendment in Registration
Any amendment to the Shop and Establishment Act registration must be intimated to the concerned officer within the prescribed time. In case of closure of the establishment, the employer is required to intimate the respective officer and apply for surrender of the registration.